Represent Step into Dance!
We launched our first Ambassador scheme in January 2017, both to raise the profile of Step into Dance, develop skills and experience in young people.
Applications opened in November 2017 with school teachers nominating students that demonstrated a commitment and passion for dance and we were overwhelmed with applications from a range of schools on the programme. In January 2018, 24 young people were selected to be Ambassadors.
The overall aims of the Ambassador scheme are:
- to build skills and experience for young people
- to provide insight into different aspects of the arts industry
- that Ambassadors will contribute to the development and delivery of the Step into Dance programme, and
- that Ambassadors will represent the Step into Dance programme at different events across the year
Ambassadors will work towards a Bronze Arts Award qualification.
Key Dates for Ambassadors:
- Training Days (all Sundays): 25th February |18th March | 13th May | 24th June
- Spring Sharings in April/May 2018
- Step Live: Copy and Paste at Sadler's Wells on Monday 16 July 2018
Feedbak from Ambassadors and parents:
'It gave me an incredible amount of confidence – it sounds cliché but I feel so much more comfortable in social situations and during performances.' Ambassador 2017
'She had a great time at the Ambassadors' Day and her confidence has noticeably increased since'. parent of Ambassador 2016